The Perth Modernian Society and the School are keen to encourage reunions of past students regardless of the period or length of their school attendance.
Currently an Annual Reunion for all years is organised, usually early in September, with musical entertainment from a major performing ensemble of the school and a lunch. The History Centre is also open during the day.
Additionally, the Society assists year groups with the organisation of year reunions, with special emphasis placed upon decade reunions.
A list of upcoming reunions can be found here.
Organising a Reunion
If you are interested in arranging a reunion, please email email@example.com or phone (08) 6189 3690 as early as possible – preferably six to twelve months ahead of time. This will help us to secure your preferred date for the reunion.
We can also:
- advertise your queries or your plans in our publications and website,
- provide you with contact details for members of your “year” if they are members of the Society,
- facilitate your contact with the school,
- tell you what other groups have done at their reunions,
- assist with organising refreshments on site,
- arrange for a musical performance by current school students and ensembles,
- provide a guided tour of the History Centre Museum,
- arrange for a display of memorabilia for your year group,
- arrange for a member of the school or the society to give you an update on the school, and
- sometimes we can help you arrange a visit to the school.
Please be aware however that we cannot arrange your reunion for you, nor can we send you old class lists or addresses.
We do invite reunion organisers to submit updated contact details to those former staff and students who are invited and to inform the Museum Committee of deaths recorded as a result of your very special event.
For further detail, please refer to our Services Available for Class Reunions checklist.
Photos from Recent Reunions
Class of 1970 – 50th Anniversary
Class of 1949 70th Anniversary
Class of 1959 60th Anniversary
Members of the class of 59 assembled at the school to celebrate 60 years since they graduated.
There was amazement at developments on the campus, and laughter and sadness for memories.
The class of 59 is grateful to the school, the school caterers and the wonderful Museum people for their unstinting support on our special day.
Class of 1963
The Class of 1963 is having a 60-year reunion at the school on Saturday, 7 October 2023 from 3pm to 7pm. There will be a tour of the school and refreshments afterwards in the Andrews Building. For more details and to register your attendance, please email Mary-Jane Whitehead (nee Jolley) at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0429 858 016.
Mary-Jane is also eager to receive any news from past students or their relatives, even if you are unable to attend.
Class of 1972
Colin Sagar (email@example.com) is eagerly looking to make contact with classmates, especially Barry Moore, David Brown and Chris and Godfrey Harmer.